Hot off the heels of Memorial Day Weekend’s festivities, Spa Week Daily and The Blay Report have joined forces to bring you a spa-fashion editorial aimed at inspiring you to look hot and feel cool this summer. We partnered with Channing Hargrove, the Beauty Editor at The Blay Report and Danielle Russ the owner of Suite Beverly Salon, Spa and Boutique in Metuchen, NJ to bring together simple and chic summer looks that can go from beach to barbeque or brunch to bar, and everywhere in between. Suite Beverly opened less than a month ago, with owner Danielle having ten years of experience. They sell vintage clothing, shoes and accessories and of course offer state of the art salon and spa services (and they take the Spa Week Gift Card, too).
At the photo shoot, I worked with the Suite Beverly estheticians to capture the beauty of real-life spa services while Danielle worked with her skilled hairstylists to create simple and stylish summer tresses and Channing helped style and accessorize our glamorous models (including Danielle herself) .
Enjoy the spa, style and fashion tips from me (Stephanie), Channing and Danielle as you check out our chicas from Suite Beverly on a fashion journey, from prepping at the spa, to hitting the concrete and rocking their effortless looks at the ultimate summer fashion show: a backyard barbeque.
(From Left to Right: Danielle, Sara, Christen)
- Danielle: Cut Off Plaid Flannel: Bebe; Acid Wash Jeans: Rockstar 28; Necklaces: Vintage
- Sara: Cream Tie Top: Thistle Pearl; White Hot-Pants: Silence + Noise; Straw Fedora: Gap; Necklace: Forever21; Sunglasses; Model’s Own
- Christen: Starburst Printed Harem Pants: Cartoon; Magenta Silk Tunic: Parker; Necklace: Vintage
Style Tip: By Channing: Don’t be afraid to be daring! Wear those hot pants! Wear your printed pants. Pair your statement making item with something tame to camouflage areas of your body you aren’t as confident with.
(Suite Beverly Salon, Spa and Boutique)
(Facial/Waxing Treatment Room and Sara)
- Sara: Ring: Forver21; Earrings: Vintage; Masque: Cosmedix Skin Care: Hydrating Sea Weed Mask
Spa Tip: By Stephanie In between facials, use a seaweed masque to diminish the appearance of pores, mattify oily sheen and fight blackheads. For best results used 2-3 times per week on a regular schedule; your skin likes to be disciplined!
(Boutique and Waxing)
- Sara: Strappy Sandals: Old Navy; Ring: Vintage
Spa Tip: By Stephanie After strip waxing, apply an aloe vera based moisturized for an oil-free, grease-less feel that will soothe your freaked out follicles.
(Sara and Danielle, Danielle Eye Brow Tweezing)
- Danielle: Ivory Mini Dress: Susy Mix; Cowboy Boots: Vintage
- Sara: High Waisted Silk Shorts in Sage: Albert Hei; Striped Cropped Top: Piko 19883
Spa Tip: By Stephanie If you have sensitive skin, ask your esthetician to tweeze instead of wax, that way your skin won’t be subjected to the heat of the wax and your top layer of skin will remain intact.
(Suite Beverly Salon, Sara)
- Sara: Boat Neck Gauze Sweatshirt: Vintage
Hairstyle Tip: By Danielle To get this look try Paul Mitchell Round Trip styling agent, derived from corn starch, which provides weightless detail to wavy or curly hair. For maximum volume, apply to wet hair and dry thoroughly with a diffuser. After the hair is completely dry, switch the dryer to cool to allow curly or wavy hair to set.
(Christen, Hairstylist )
- Christen: Tan Dress Worn as a Top: Kikiriki; Pocketed Red Pencil Skirt: Liz Claiborne; Turquoise Belt: Vintage; Bangles: Vintage; Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Style Tip: By Channing It is all about the colorblocking this summer! Throw on all of your favorite colors—at once. Do try to stay in the same color family and let your accessories be the accents, like this turquoise belt.
Hairstyle Tip: By Danielle Paul Mitchell Fast Form cream gel tames any hair texture with smoothing Shea butter, jojoba and avocado oils for ultimate shine. Use on wet or dry hair for long lasting flexibility that keeps your style in place for hours.
(Sara and Danielle)
- Sara: High Waisted Silk Shorts in Sage: Albert Hei; Striped Cropped Top: Piko 19883; Sunglasses: Model’s Own
Style Tip: By Channing The 70′s are back with a vengeance. If you aren’t feeling up to the trend, a pair of wedges is a safe way to incorporate the trend. Choose a nude pair (for your skin tone) to elongate your legs in your short shorts.
- Danielle: Cut Off Plaid Flannel: Bebe; Acid Wash Jeans: Rockstar 28; Black Suede Cut Out Sling Back Clogs: Elizabeth and James; Sunglasses: Express
Style Tip: By Channing Summer is the best time to break out the funky sunglasses. Try on the craziest pair you can! Not only will you be making a fashion statement but you will be protecting your eye area from the sun’s harmful rays. It’s a win-win!
Spa Tip: By Stephanie Along with your avait0rs or cat eye shades, don’t forget the SPF 30. Even olive and tan tones can burn or be subject to premature fine lines and wrinkles.
- Christen: Safari Print Dress: Positive Attitude; Brown Leather Platform Sandals: Patricia Field for Payless
Style Tip: By Channing Tribal prints are a good alternative to florals this spring. They are unexpected in the form of a shift dress making this weekend piece office friendly.
- Sara: Gingham Button Down: Faded Glory; Twill Shorts in Scarlett: Luv Ya3; Purple Suede Platform Sandals: Kenzie
Style Tip: By Channing You may want to hang on to your boyfriend’s gingham shirt. Wear this with longer twill shorts for a cool summer look fit for a backyard barbecue.
(Sara, Christen, Danielle)
- Sara: High Waisted Silk Shorts in Sage: Albert Hei, Striped Cropped Top: Piko 19883; Cognac Leather Wedges: Sam Edelman
Style Tip: By Channing High waist silk shorts play up a feminine waist keeping you cool when worn with a crop top and your favorite pair of wedges.
- Christen: Safari Print Dress: Positive Attitude; Brown Leather Platform Sandals: Patricia Field for Payless;
Style Tip: By Channing Belt your favorite summer dress for a sleeker silhouette, that way, you can eat many burgers as you want and not lose your girlish figure!
- Danielle: Ivory Mini Dress: Susy Mix; Cowboy Boots: Vintage; Necklace: Vintage
Style Tip: By Channing The best thing about summer, in my opinion, is how experimental you can be. Pairing cowboy boots with a statement necklace and an ivory dress? So unexpected and yet so right. Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box, usually those are the best looks!
Photos courtesy of Conor O’Brien
433 Main Street Metuchen, NJ