Naturally, I found this recipe on Pinterest. What better place for a simple, crafty, delicious Spa Pop than Pinterest? In your tummy. After a barbecue. On a blazing 95 degree midsummer day.
Lemonade Cucumber Spa Popsicles
makes 3 cups of popsicle mix
- These spa pops are a healthier & more cost efficient alternative to store bought pops. More eco too, no packaging to toss!
- As always, use your own taste buds to determine how sweet you want your ice pops.
- 1 cup julienned seedless Cucumber
- 1 fresh squeezed Lemon, remove any seeds
- 2 cups cold Water
- Natural Sweetener added to taste: use your favorite, I use Stevia. Maple Syrup, Honey & Agave are good too
Slice lemon in half and squeeze it over a strainer into 2 cups of cold water. Sweeten lemon water to taste with your favorite sweetener. Fill popsicle molds 2/3 with lemonade. Freeze uncovered for about 1 hour. Take pops out of freezer. Scrape and stir any ice crystals that have formed. Add a spoonful of the julienned cucumber to the pop molds. Be sure to leave a tiny bit of room at the top of your popsicle mold so they don’t overflow when you add the stick. With a popsicle stick or a butter knife, press the cucumber into the mixture so it is evenly distributed. Add your popsicle sticks, freeze pops for another 3-4 hours until solid.