Are you enjoying your full week of pampering? By now you should be refreshed and well-rested, ready to take on the next edition of our Spa Week Road Trip Weekend Guide presented by Cozy Wallet. But first, congratulations to Susan Carroll @grumpy1970 , the winner of the $100 Spa Week® Gift Card in our I Feel Pretty giveaway! How pretty are you feeling now Susan? May you use it in the best of good health. Check out CozyWallet.com for some swank ways to save money. Here, they rounded up what’s happening this weekend in Spa Week cities around the country, so you can enjoy some fun events along with your final Spa Week indulgences.
1. New York – National Volunteer Week (April 18 – 24, 2010), Celebrating People in Action, is a call to action for Americans to volunteer, and a week to inspire by example. Created by executive order of President Richard Nixon in 1974, this week signaled a recommitment to creating a culture of service in America. Millions of Americans volunteer this week and demonstrate the positive community impact that engaged individuals, families, businesses and organizations create year-round. Join National Volunteer Week as they celebrate ordinary people doing extraordinary things to transform their communities!
Get involved in Hands on New York to give our city a good spring cleaning. Get New York City parks, gardens, and community spaces ready for summer by gardening, painting, weeding, and revitalizing these urban oases. Saturday, April 24th 2010 from 9:30am – 3pm, Hands On New York Day.
2. North Carolina – “One person’s trash is another person’s treasure.” Stop by Community Yard and Craft Sale Art Event in Durham, North Carolina to buy and sell secondhand and craft items in the site’s picnic area – April 17 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m – 2828 Duke Homestead Rd. Durham, NC 27705 (919) 477-5498 – ibiblio.org/dukehome
3. Philadelphia – Need something old to add to your something borrowed and blue? Or if you just enjoy the pleasure of antiquing… stop by The Philadelphia Antiques Show. Founded in 1962, is one of the longest running antiques shows in the country. 2010 marks the 49th anniversary and it continues to be internationally acclaimed as the premier American antiques and decorative arts show in the country. The Preview Gala kicks off the festivities and is scheduled for April 16, 2010. The Show itself will take place April 17 – 20, 2010 – Philadelphia Cruise Terminal at The Navy Yard, located at 5100 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, just past the city’s popular sports complex, The Philadelphia Antiques Show.
4. Pittsburgh – Enjoy a day with family and/or friends of fun, fresh air and easy exercise to help save lives and create awareness for colon and rectal cancer. (Walk or run for colon and rectal cancer awareness and research) Proceeds support theAllegheny General Hospital Center for Colon and Rectal Surgery in conducting research and educational activities that raise awareness and advance treatment for colon and rectal cancer. An event T-shirt will be given to each participating walker or runner. Starts @ 8am beginning at the pool parking lot and wind around the South Ridge of North Park. http://www.bigbluequest.com/events.htm
5. Nashville – Are you a movie buff craving some new material?? Stop by the Nashville Film Festival this weekend where you will find Over 240 feature films, documentaries, shorts, workshops, and panels. It will definitely be a unique film-going experience. April 15th – April 22nd 2010 http://www.nashvillefilmfestival.org/Home/tabid/106/Default.aspx
6. Austin – Bull Riding.. Tie-Down Roping.. Mutton’ Bustling.. This is an event not to be missed.. Longview is the place to be this weekend, when top professional cowboys and cowgirls perform in the non-stop action 20thannual PRCA Rodeo. April 16th – April 17th 2010 Longview Rodeo Longview, TX 75606-1166 http://www.longviewrodeo.com/