Need a new recipe for all that salmon you’ll be eating in Dr. Perricone’s Eat for Beauty Spa Week Daily Challenge? Michelle gave her super-easy salmon recipe here… but just to make sure you’ve got salmon plans throughout, here’s another simple delish recipe (using a few extra ingredients) to help you get soft sexy skin – and hair too. Deck your salmon out with a sweet and salty taste by swapping salt and sugar for soy sauce and honey. Plus get the added benefits of onion, ginger and Vitamin C from the OJ!
Recipe Serves 4 (even though you probably won’t find 3 more people who will the Challenge with you at the same time).
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet
- In a large self-closing plastic bag, combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, orange juice, honey, and green onion; mix well.
- Place salmon in bag and seal tightly. Turn bag gently to distribute marinade.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes. (If you have time, marinate overnight!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove salmon from marinade, shake off excess.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Reduce leftover marinade on a stove top for 8 to 10 minutes to create a thicker, tasty sauce.
- Spoon sauce on fillet and decorate with chopped green onions.