All aboard the Glam Train! It’s that magical time of year again, (no, it’s not Spa Week just yet, although booking does begin Monday!) when celebrities, fashion designers and supermodels walk among us: Fashion’s Night Out to kick off Mercedes Benz Fall Fashion Week. Many of your favorite fashion houses, designers and boutiques are hosting extravagant retail celebrations with mini-spa serivces and glorious incentives to spend your paycheck for a good cause. Once you have had your fill of philanthropy via credit card, hit up any one of these hot locations along the trip de glam for mini-spa services from massages, make-up application, hair designs, manicures and lost of celeb spotting. Tweet us @SPAWEEK and tell us who you see on your FNO!
1. Kiehl’s Since 1851, 109 Third Ave. The newest, super fabulous spa in NYC will have Backstreet Boy AJ McLean host’s Kiehl’s Karaoke Karnival. Karaoke contestants will receive complimentary lip balm. Backstreet’s back, alright!
2. Dior, 19 E. 57th St. Dior makeup artist Ricky Wilson will be offering complimentary makeovers featuring their new Velvet Eyes reusable eyeliner patches.
3. Rag & Bone, 119 Mercer St. Co-hosts Carmelo and La La Anthony will be holding court at the SoHo store where you can get a Mini-makeover by Gucci ! Did we mention Halle Berry will be making a guest appearance?
4. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave. Get Marc Jacobs Minx Nails manicures, dance to a DJ set with Questlove and visit a braid bar hosted by Rebecca Minkoff and The Man Repeller where you can chose several different styles and accessories with Rebecca Minkoff leather strips!
5. Sephora 5th Avenue, at 48th Street. “Hollywood’s Guru of Glow,” Kate Somerville, will be at Sephora as part of the “Ask an Expert” panel hosted by Vogue Beauty Director Sarah Brown, Renowned hairstylist Oscar Blandi and Urban Decay cofounder Wende Zomnir. Get stylish with Spa Week spa, Carol’s Daughter and Solange Knowles and learn nail tips from Thea Green, founder of Nails Inc.
6.Betsey Johnson, 138 Wooster St. From 6pm to 10pm, guests can enjoy makeup- sessions by Stila Cosmetics, cupcakes, champagne and a chance to win your very own Betsey tote.
7. MAKE UP FOR EVER Lash Lounge at Sephora SoHo, 555 Broadway. Make Up Forever will teach you how to apply and trick out your false lashes with gems, feathers and beads!
8. L’Occitane en Provence, 146 Spring St. The store will transport fashionistas to the south of France with a series of Provencal skin care and pampering possibilities including rosé wine, French fare and complimentary hand massages. But the real reason to stop by: L’Occitane will raffle off a trip to Provence for two.
9. GUESS by Marciano, 537 Broadway. Bump to beats by DJ DexterLove while getting your mini-makeover-mini-manicure on by NYX Cosmetics. Plus, Guess shoppers who make a $5 donation to The NYC AIDS Fund receive a gift bag filled with goodies.
Want more shop-’til-you-drop action? Here are a few noble, worthy causes to spend, spend, spend: Start at Stuart Weitzman on 625 Madison Ave for a chance to meet Meet Michelle Trachtenberg and Hayden Panettiere as they unveil their Young Hollywood Cares shoe collection that will benefit ovarian cancer research. Then pop next door to Barneys New York,660 Madison Ave. where 10 percent of sales from the store and website will go to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum. Make Carrie Bradshaw proud as you trot down to Manolo Blahnik on W. 54th St. where SJP will be unveiling the shoe she designed. A portion of the proceeds will go to The Fund for Public Schools. Then hail a cab and head down to SoHo to 77 Greene St to Sip on Absolut Vodka cocktails and get down to the beats by DJ Harley Viera Newton at Nicole Miller. Then consider buying yet another tote, one that Miller created one just for the night, and 15 percent of the proceeds for each bag goes to Indego Africa, an organization helping female artisans in Rwanda. Don’t forget to pick up your Offical FNO Gear (benefiting the NYC AIDS Fund) at any one of over 800 locations across NYC.