By Amie Valpone
Berries, Berries everywhere… I just can’t seem to get enough of ‘em these days. My clients are requesting them in every meal and snack so I’ve been having fun in the kitchen whipping up everything from Very Berry Flax Waffles to Basil Berry Yogurt Popsicles. The best part…
No added sugar.
No added sweeteners.
Just a few fresh organic berries.
Just the way summer was meant to be.
So, go ahead — break out your berry stash and have a fun lil’ berry party with yourself today. And yes, as always this recipe is totally vegan, gluten-free and #bikiniapproved. Here’s how to add summer sweetness in your bowl..
Total time: 5 mins; Serves: 4
- 1 pint fresh organic blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 4 cups packed mixed greens
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Juice of 1 large organic lemon
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Barlean’s Flax Oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine blackberries, lemon zest, mixed greens, dill and scallions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds, sea salt and pepper. Pour dressing over blackberry salad; gently toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Amie Valpone is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free “Clean” recipes for the home cook. She is the Editor-in-Chief of The Healthy Apple and the Publisher and Marketing Director of the online gluten-free magazine, Easy Eats. See more of her posts on Spa Week Daily, here.