Hot Mom Rachael Pontillo shares her healthy version of mashed potatoes, just in time for Thanksgiving!
This November, we’re taking a vow of wellness and promising to indulge in a healthy Thanksgiving dinner. But don’t get us wrong, that doesn’t mean we are taking away any of the yumminess! We knew it might be hard to find recipes that are equal parts delicious and nutritious, so we reached out to the experts– our Hot Mom Squad! Everyone knows that moms have the tastiest tricks up their sleeves, and holiday meals are no exception.
Make sure to stay tuned because each week we will be bringing you our favorite healthy dishes. While you’re in the cooking mood, join us on Pinterest for our Healthy Thanksgiving Recipe Contest and you could win a spa day on us!
Redone Mashed Potatoes
What you need:
- 1 head of cauliflower (cut into florets, leaves removed)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup vegetable stock/broth
- ½ cup plain almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary
- ½ a small, sweet onion; minced or finely diced
- Salt (pink Himalayan or Celtic Sea) and pepper (I used mixed peppercorns but black pepper is fine too) to taste
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil or butter (with coconut “meat”)
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, sauté the onion and garlic in the coconut oil over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté it until it starts to soften.
- Add the vegetable stock and rosemary and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cover for about 10 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the almond milk and cover again until it is reduced by half. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour everything into the blender or food processor and pulse until you get the consistency you want.
- Pour into a serving container and enjoy!
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Think you’ve got a delicious healthy recipe in your collection? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be featured on the Spa Week Thanksgiving Menu and walk away with a $50 Spa and Wellness gift card.
Leah Gay is the Editorial Intern of Spa Week Daily.