Green is in for spring. Well, it’s in all the time. It’s the green that’s proactively saving resources, making trash into treasure and building a more sustainable future. Hopefully you’re already a part of the green revolution. You may recycle at work, home and even carry a green reusable tote to the store. But wait, did you just go to the spa? You love your spa, but do know if they love the earth as much as you do?
We’re always focused on your well-being, but we can’t forget about the wellness of the earth. A happy planet is one that will keep us on it (so we can spa!). More and more spas have been getting eco-conscious in both their business practices and products, and we want to give some of our participating Spring Spa Week Event Eco-spas a big shout out and maybe a hug.
1. Blue Marble Spa at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, San Diego, CA
Blue Marble Spa’s eco-conscious treatments offer guests the beauty and purity of life-promoting properties derived from nature. With a dedicated commitment to wellness, healing, and the environment, this spa reveals beauty inside and out by promoting life and spa in harmony with nature. Adopting ecologically friendly practices focused on inspiring the spirit and building positive health, Blue Marble incorporates natural products and resources harvested from the land and sea to restore your inner glow, cultivate your environmental and spiritual awareness, and connect you to the self-healing, curative power of nature. They use organic and natural skincare products, they offer organic fruits and food options, and their luxurious spa services utilize minimal hot water. The blue planet thanks Blue Marble.
- 45 Min Pure Results Facial including Customized Purification, Exfoliation, Facial Massage, and Rehydration
- 45 Min Organic Massage using Organic Sunflower, Olive and Jojoba Oil
- 45 Min Pedicure Ritual using Sustainable Bamboo, California Sea Salts and Lavender
2. Uhma Spa Miami Beach, FL
This spa is a true believer in environmental sustainability. Uhma Organic Spa & Green Shop was designed and built under eco-responsible guidelines and Biophilic principles to create a relaxing, non-toxic environment. They have everything from a tank-less gas water heater, eco-friendly lights and even environmentally sound toilets. They filter all their own water, use only glass or wooden cups and plates, and use only bags, menus, forms and business cards made of recycled materials. In addition, they use only 100% natural, organic, non-toxic and cruelty-free products in our treatments.
- 50 Min Sense of Awakening Hot Massage Treatment
- 50 Min Revitalight Therapy Facial
3. Namaste Organic Spa Ridgewood, NJ
Namaste Organic Spa is a full service spa that provides skin and body treatments that are relaxing and detoxifying without compromising their Eco-friendly root. Their lotions, creams and oils are always paraben, propylene glycol and fragrance free. From beauty treatments such as Jane Iredale’s all natural make-up, to organic facials customized for your skin, to stress relieving organic massages – they promise to only use products that are healthy and nourishing for your skin and great for the environment.
- 60 Min Natural Face Lift with LED Technology and Plant Stem Cell Serum
- 60 Min Hand and Foot Reflexology with Foot Scrub
- 60 Min Namaste Signature Organic Massage
4. Hiatus Spa + Retreat Dallas, TX & Austin, TX
Hiatus always strives to be earth-friendly, or future-friendly, as they like to call it. From their initial build-out to their ongoing operation, they have always kept the environment close to their hearts and minds. Hiatus uses 100% wind-powered energy, a purified water filtration system and a “no bottled water” policy. All spa menus are printed on post-consumer recycled paper with soy ink and all retail packaging is made from recycled materials.They are a partner of both Aveda, which is known for its environmental responsibility, and a partner of certified organic Intelligent Nutrients, a company with a vision that “everything we put in and on our bodies must be nutritious and safe.”
- 60 Min Organic Aveda Stress Fix Massage
- 50 Min Signature Hiatus Facial with Foot Soak plus Customized Aromatherapy
- 50 Min Hiatus Body Glow and Energizing Scalp Treatment Package
5. Reve Spa Salon San Mateo, CA (San Fran)
This spa proudly shares Aveda’s mission “… to care for the world we live in, from the products we sell to the ways in which we give back to society.” Their motto is “beauty is as beauty does.” Empowered by their own unique Mission, they believe that authentic beauty is one that works in harmony with the greater web of life. Aveda is the first beauty company manufacturing with 100% certified wind power, is one of the largest purchasers of organic ingredients, leader in integrating the highest possible post-consumer recycled content into their packaging.
- 60 Min AVEDA Elemental Massage plus Steam and Sauna Amenity Day Pass
- 60 Min AVEDA Elemental Facial plus Steam and Sauna Amenity Day Pass
- Brazilian Bikini Wax Or Full Legs plus Steam and Sauna Amenity Day Pass
6. Jurlique New York, NY / Santa Monica, CA / San Francisco, CA
“Our Plan For Today to Help Our Tomorrow.” Jurlique is committed to sustainable practices and nourishing the earth. By 2015 they plan to further reduce energy and water consumption by 20%, decrease the amount of waste to landfill by 20%, and aim to strive for more than 95% of natural ingredients in their products. They also are focused on the maintenance of their re-vegetation project on their National Association for Sustainable Agriculture, Australia (NASAA) Certified Organic and Biodynamic farm, in order to gather carbon, protect and cultivate their powerful herbs and nurture their wildlife.
- 50 Min Signature Revitalizing Facial
- 50 Min Skin Soothing Facial
- 50 Min Skin Purifying Facial
7. Verabella Skin Therapy Beverly Hills, CA
This eco-friendly spa, where Hollywood’s elite are regulars, has a subtle ambiance and welcoming atmosphere. The Verabella product line was just launched last year and is creating a buzz among clients and editors alike. It is a botanically-rich aloe vera based green collection of skin care that is free of sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, and animal products and testing. Verabella supports a “Refill Your Jar” program, in order to encourage reuse of their jars and offers $5 off each product that is refilled in the spa. We’ll tip to that!
- 50 Min The Instant Lift: A Non-Surgical Face Lift
- 50 Min Crystal-Free Micro-DIAMOND-Brasion
- 50 Min Organic Skin-a-Peel from our Peel Bar Menu