- Juice from 1 large POM Wonderful Pomegranate*, or 1/3 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 1/3 cup arils from 1 large POM Wonderful Pomegranate or POM POMS fresh pomegranate arils
- 1-2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh green beans, stems removed and cut on the bias into 1-inch pieces (6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon or orange peel
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces sliced goat cheese
- Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate underwater to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup of arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
- Place oil in a wok or large skillet and heat until hot. Stir-fry the beans with the lemon peel for 6 minutes.
- Add the almonds and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss beans with reserved pomegranate arils and pomegranate juice; turn onto a serving platter.
- Arrange goat cheese slices over the top and serve.
*For 1 cup of juice, cut 2-3 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
Nutrients Per Serving (5.2 oz.): 185 calories, 8g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 12g total fat (5g saturated), 15mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 1mg manganese