Can you smell the mashed potatoes and apple pie? Thanksgiving, the official start of the holiday season, is just two weeks away! As you start your food shopping for the traditional, elaborate turkey meal, put aside some fresh cranberries in your grocery cart so you can make this antioxidant-rich, homemade cranberry lip gloss. The cranberries will add a hint of festive color to your pucker while moisturizing your lips all the way down to the cellular level. With this fun and easy recipe, you’ll be licking your lips all holiday long.
- Microwaveable container/tupperware
- Strainer (Available at Target.com for $4.19)
- Small Container/Reusable Lip Gloss Pod (Available at LuckyVitamin.com for $1.23)
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- 1 tsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp petroleum jelly
- 10 fresh cranberries
- Add all ingredients into microwaveable container
- Bring mixture to a boil (about 2-4 minutes in microwave)
- Stir gently to mash berries and let sit for five minutes.
- Pour the mixture through strainer, removing all pieces of cranberry
- Allow the mixture to cool completely or refridgerate for 1-2 hours
- Scoop mixture into small container/lip gloss pod and enjoy!