You might think Spa Week is all about perfecting your skin and soothing your muscles, but many spas offer salon services, too! It’s easy to find a participating spa & salon near you – simply log on to SpaWeek.com and search by State. Then, use the drop-down menu and select hair to browse all of the spas offering $50 hair services during October 10 – 16.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 egg yolks
- Blend all ingredients together in a bowl (be sure mayo is room temperature)
- Apply thoroughly through your hair adding extra at the ends.
- Twist in a lose bun and secure with a hair-tie or cover with a plastic shower cap or saran wrap.
- Cover with a towel to keep in the heat so mixture penetrates deep into the hair shaft.
- Leave on for at least 10-20 minutes.
- Do NOT shampoo afterwards, just rinse out very well. Any oil that clings to your hair after you rinse it out, will continue to condition your hair until the next time you shampoo it out.
Note: For best results, use immediately after making without refrigerating first. The reason is, the fats and oil will penetrate your hair follicles better when warm as the molecules are more spread out and pliable.
Recipe originally featured on Food.com